Monday 18 July 2011

Puzzle Pieces

The thing is, you see, we fit together. Perfectly. It gets me every time.

Don't get me wrong, he drives me insane at times. The way his idea of looking for something is glancing in the vague direction it might be and giving up. The way he doesn't hear his alarm until it has woken me and the baby and I have kicked him to tell him so. The way he doesn't listen. The way when I pull him up for not listening he repeats back word for word what I have just said. I could go on...

But then there is how he gets up in the night to tend to the baby (once I have kicked him to tell him he's crying). How he doesn't buy me flowers on my birthday or Valentines day but on random days to surprise me. How he tells me he loves me when I want to hear it and when I don't. His patience. His intelligence. His affection. I could go on...

I am not a romantic, I do not believe in fate or soulmates or 'the one'. But I know that Shaun and I fit. And at the end of the day that's all that really matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment