Wednesday 4 January 2012

A bumpalicious New Years Eve

As you may have noticed I have been in a bit of a grump over the festive season. Some reasons are unknown even to me but one of them has definitely been trying to find something, anything to wear to all the events that have taken place in my current state of 'round'.

So, when I got the offer to review a dress for a company called Bumpalicious Maternity I jumped at the chance!

Outside of pregnancy I am a size 10 with very little shape and no bust. It's taken me a lifetime to come to terms with this but I at least know how to dress for it. In pregnancy I have these boobs I have never seen anything like before, a giant ass, some seriously chunky thighs and not to mention the big old bump sticking out the front of me. So I need all the help I can get!

Amanda at Bumpalicious Maternity was amazing. On their website they have what they call a Personal Profile Form which made a massive difference. It asks for a lot of information and I have to admit I was reluctant to a) get off the sofa to actually take my measurements and b) acknowledge the higher than I would like numbers that were reported. But, it does mean that they can recommend a dress that will actually fit and look nice. They also ask about fashion preferences which is good because I can be quite fussy about what I like.

Anyway, all the form filling in ended in this...


It is a simple black dress, about knee length. It is a lovely soft material with a satin ribbon helping to cinch it in below the bust. The top was really pretty lace and has a built in bra which I love and meant the back, which was sheer lace, wasn't spoiled by bra straps showing through. 

My only negative is that the bust bit was a little too large for me and so the dress would have looked better if I had time to pin it at the sides to bring it in. Turns out that even my new giant boobs aren't big enough!

I would definitely recommend them based on the service alone. The dresses, I thought, were quite pricey but lovely for special occasions. And they also claim that the dresses can be worn after pregnancy as well, giving them a longer life span and therefore more value. For me though, even if it did continue to look nice, I am not sure I would necessarily want to wear a pregnancy dress post pregnancy. But that doesn't mean that you won't!

I am a member of the Mumsnet Blogging Network, a group of parent bloggers picked by Mumsnet to review
products, services, events and brands. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I
have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    My name is Ash and I have recently set up Petite Maman, an online shop selling smaller sized nursing bras (A and B cup). After struggling to find any bras in my size (I was 34AA pre-pregnancy), I decided to start my own business filling in this niche product market, offering great quality bras that are feminine but actually fit a smaller figure too!
    At the moment I am advertising my shop through facebook and forums but would love the chance to reach more mums/mums-to-be through your fabulous Sprinkles and Sprogs blog. I have my own blog, ‘Born to be a Yummy Mummy’ but I only set it up a month ago so don’t have many readers yet!
    Would there be a possibility of you posting some information about what I offer or I could do a guest blog for you about our products? I’d really appreciate any help/suggestions you could give me.

    Best wishes

    Ash Siddell
    www.petitemaman.co.uk

    ReplyDelete