Sunday 27 May 2012

Galt Playnest



I have been putting off writing this post. Not because I haven't used the Galt playnest. Or because I haven't loved the playnest. But because Harriet's hearing loss has hit us hard, as a family, as a couple and as parents. And it's hard for me to say anything at all that isn't 'Ahhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeefuckityfuckityfuckityfuckitybluuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhuuuuuummmmpppppppph'. You know?

Regardless, the sun has been shining and we have been in the garden a lot. Morning, day and evening. I love hanging out in our garden. It is small but perfect. It is an easy 'room' to be in. Entertaining, safe, warm. And our little Harriet has loved being in our garden in her new playnest.


It's like a doughnut. It comes in two parts, the cover and the ring that needs blown up. The instuctions say for a youngy baby like Harri just to partially inflate so that her back remains flat. We tried this but she ended up just sinking into it and couldn't really see much or gain anything for it. When we inflated it more and she was more upright she seemed a lot happier in it. Around the edge there are flaps and squeakers and the like that obviously Harri cannot benefit from as yet. Will, on the other hand, had a great time finding the cat under the flap and squeaking the ducks beak.


I think it will really come into it's own in a few months time when Harri is starting to learn to sit. You know that age where they can sit unaided but only for a few minutes until the topple backwards hitting their head (a bigger deal for my kids than most) and you end up having to surround them with cushions? Tada! Stick them in a playnest and if they fall they are cushioned. And, if they manage to remain sitting there is plenty for them to look at and play with. I like it.


I am a member of the Mumsnet Blogging Network, a group of parent bloggers picked by Mumsnet to review products, services, events and brands. I have not paid for the product or to attend an event. I have editorial control and retain full editorial integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment